- photos -
As part of Scribe Video Center’s Storyville screening series, video artists from Termite TV Collective will present a retrospective of clips spanning 15 years of experimental and activist media. Bug out to the tunes and projections of the Maple Rabbit band while everyone eats Birthday Cake!
Friday March 16, 2007
Scribe Video Center
4212 Chestnut Street, 3rd Floor, Philadelphia, PA
Termite TV Collective was founded in Philadelphia in 1992. Today the video collective has members and contributing artists in Philly, Buffalo and all over the country. They celebrate their birthday with a screening of clips from the past 6 seasons of innovative shows.
* Join the hive and enjoy a live presentation with past and present Termite TV members, including Michael Kuetemeyer, Karen Lefkovitz, Michael O’Reilly, Meg Knowles, Brian Milbrand, A. Q. Quintero, Iain Conliffe, Deborah Rudman, Anula Shetty, Joanna Raczynska, Jim Ospenson, Meryl Perlson, Carl Lee & Dorothea Braemer
* Walk down memory lane on a timeline from the Termite Tv historical archives
* Hear tales of origin, growth, termites tunneling beyond the Philly mound to Buffalo
* The nationwide Living Documentary Tour
* Politics now. The War/Terror/Democracy Trilogy DVD will be available for the first time ever!
* Off-shoot tentacle projects including a celebration of the 100th Videography program from the Termite infestation at Temple University.
* Termite’s future evolution.
* The Termite TV installation, covering the 15 years of their work will be on view at Scribe Video Center through April 2007
Hope to see you there!